How to set canvas size to specific? (Android tablet)

Hi folks,

New user here, really amazing bit of software!

Quick question: I want to make an control surface that’ll only be used on one specific Android tablet, so i want to fix my “canvas” (is that the right word?) to exactly match my tablet’s screen.

Could anyone tell me how to do that?

I tried to use my tablets resolution as the root’s geometry, but the problem is that that’s (2048 x 1536) bigger than my PC screen size where i’m creating the surface (1920x1080)!.. so it looks massive and goes off-screen!

Is it possible to use a resolution like 2048 x 1536 but them zoom out in the editor, so it has more or less the actually size on screen that it would have on my tablet?

Thanks!

I

Hi,
to set the size of your templates click on the “root” then in geometry set the width and height.
you can set the size to 100% in height and width so it will be responsive to the screen resolution.

you can zoom in the editor using the scroll of your mouse + ctrl.

hope it helps

Great, will try that!

Sorry, just one more quick one: how do you stop the area around a fader from being transparent? I just want to have a solid color, but want to have an image in the background, back no transparency on the fader…or maybe make it much less transparent, anyway…

That’s a way to do it, there is a little bug preventing the vertical scrollbar from appearing, but it’s fixed in the upcoming release.

Now, the things your tablets resolution as seen by open stage control is not 2048 x 1536 (even though that’s the screen’s resolution) : https://yesviz.com/viewport/

TLDR; your tablet’s viewport size is 1024x768, using these values in the root’s geometry should do.

Note: fixed layout size won’t adapt if the device orientation changes, the only way to do that is to make your widgets responsive (https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/docs/customization/css-tips/#responsive-sizing)

That’s also the default behavior when width and height are set to “auto”.

Either add a bit of css (see css background), or wrap the fader in a panel with a custom color in the colorBg property.

Thanks guys, just one more then i’ll leave you alone for today!

re: the RGB color pad: could anyone tell me: is there any way to just disable the x/y part of the whole thing and ONLY have the slider to the right (called the alpha slider?) output a value (between 0 and 1)?

You mean the “hue” slider ? If you’re only interested in a slider with that rainbowish background, you could use a fader widget and play with its gradient property: hue.json (2.3 KB)

Thanks man… ideally i’d like to use OStageC to control the color picker in Unreal Engine.

See video below!

Could you tell me?: what does the RGB picker output? 3 floats? How do i set that in the settings?

Never mind, i worked it out, see below!

1 Like