How to make one container follow the scrolling of another contaner?

I like to have one container following how another container is scrolled, they have the same size in the scrolled axis. How could this be achieved?

There no way to do that currently sorry.

I think my use case has a general interest. A panel contains a number of lanes where each lane has a header, and a data area in the form of a plot much like an editor window in a DAW. Only the data part of all the lanes are scrolled (when lanes are longer than the panel) and there can be more lanes than fits into the panel so it has to be scrolled in this dimension too, and this is the point, the scrolling of the header section must follow the data section.

Wouldn't it be possible to use value in the panel widget to transmit the scrolling status, as I understand it, the value is not used for a panel containing widgets. If this works it would be possible to implement the described use case by scripting.

Very good idea ! I'll tinker with it soon.

Great work! I've tried it out and it's very easy to use. Than you!

But I have one problem, that the scroll bar must be visible in the slave panel. In my use case it's confusing and visually unpleasing to have a second scroll bar and more complex to handle. If a panel without a visible scroll bar would be scrollable through is value would solve my problem.

In the example the scrollbar to the left should not be visible, the columns with lane labels follows the scrolling of the lanes, using the right scrollbar.

PS. I used a forked version of OSC where the plot widget is editable. DS.

Add this to the container's css to hide its scrollbar:

inner {
  overflow: hidden
}

or

:host {
  --scrollbar-size: 0;
}

The latter will allow scrolling with the mousewheel but won't work on firefox.

1 Like

Hi there. I am new to OStageC. I was looking at your screenshot, is that a curve editor that you can touch and edit, like automation curves on a DAW? Can you draw that with touch and send it as MIDI/OSC values?

Yes it's a curve editor mush like what you can find in a DAW. It's work in progress and based on a fork of OStageC where the plot widget is extended to be editable.

Ok, that's great. Could you point me the direction where/how to do something similar, which fork is it?

I'm very interested in this, would you be able to pull it in to the main OSC build?