Articulations : full dynamic module for Logic with detailed instructions

Part 4 : Configure everything with your template

Articulations is matching your Logic selected track name with :

• your Articulations in the folder : OpenStageArticulations :
    Users/YourMacPersonalUserFolderName/Music/Audio Music Apps/Articulation Settings/OpenStageArticulations

• your Pictures, in the folder Libpictures :
    /Users/YourMacPersonalUserFolderName/Documents/OpenStageControl/Articulations_forLogic_byPierre/Libpictures

Due to copyright reason, I'm unable to include library pictures in this folder, you will have to put your own, but Google image is your friend :wink:

Articulations is matching your selected track name from logic with keywords between [ ] in articulations file name and in picture file name.

You have to active Midi Remote Global on channel 16 in Logic's Midi Preferences :

My template naming convention is as follow for each track name in Logic :
LIBRARYNAME Instrument name

to get the correct library image displayed I'm naming the picture [LIBRARYNAME] into the Libpictures folder
Each track name containing LIBRARYNAME in their name will display the same picture

To get the correct articulations displayed I'm saving a copy of my articulations settings named [LIBRARYNAME Instrument name] into the OpenStageArticulations folder

That way, all my old projects having the same naming convention, Open Stage Control will always display the correct articulations and the correct Library image for each track !

A last thing :
Articulations only read the content of OpenStageArticulations and Libpictures folders on launch.

When you are configuring your template, adding new articulations or library images, you will have to stop and relaunch the open Stage control server to be able to use the one you have just added.
A quicker alternative is to open LogicMagicalExternalModule.js in your favorite text editor. Even without modifying it, each time you will save it, the content of OpenStageArticulations and Libpictures folders will be refreshed and your modifications reflected !

This is a part of my template for your naming inspiration :
(the first letter v is never included in my articulation or library name, it just means that this track is on Vienna ensemble pro)

For my template , my pictures are named as this in my Libpictures folder :
[CS].jpeg, [BBC].jpeg, [APPA].jpeg, [CINEW].jpeg, etc...

For each articulations used in my template, I've made a "save as" in the OpenStageArticulations folder from my Logic template. They are named : [BBC Piccolo], [BBC Flute], [BBC Flutes a3] [CINEW Hautbois], [BBC Violins1], [CS Violins1], etc, etc...

If I'm not clear, LowweeK75 explains this well in this post :