Append class (color) for menu items

I want to be able to adjust colors for circular menu items (both on and off states)

Is it doable using only css, or do I have to get into the JS-side of things as well? (if so - where do i start?)

Hi,
Using the css property you should be able to customize the menu item like this;

.item {
  /* on and off state */
}
.item.on {
  /* on state */
}

Using the browser inspector (F12) helps finding out how thing are laid out and which css selector can be used to target the elements in a widget.

Getting into the js-side of things won’t help here unless you’re willing to edit the sources and make you’re own flavor of the program.

Thanks for the fast response!
This code does make the :nth item white… but it nothing changes when hovering or after I’ve clicked an item:

.item:nth-child(1) {
background: #ffffff;
}
.item.on:nth-child(1) {
background: #333333;
}

My bad, got confused regarding the light opaque effect thats active during hovering .item.on:nth-child(1) does work!

But, I’m still having a hard time figuring out how to make items change background-color when hovering…

.item:nth-child(1):hover {
  background: red;
}

Hey! This is working great, except I can't get this working for nth:child(1) when I have a class listed in the theme css doc

eg. I have

class:EQButton

the 2nd, 3rd and 4th menu item works for colour but not the first one. Is there a way to put the item coloring details into the class? Like do you need to do something like EQButton.item:nth-child(1)?

Edit: modified my answer to be correct

Sorry! Just figured it out!

You can't put things like font-size at the beginning. You have to put it in the class css file.

So not like this

font-size:300%;
border-radius: 10%;
class:EQButton;

background: #3b3b3b;
opacity: 1;
}

But like this

}

Inline syntax and selector syntax (CSS Tips - Open Stage Control) should not be mixed, this should work:

:host {
 font-size:300%; 
 border-radius: 10%;
}
}
1 Like

It works thank you!!