About virtual midi cables

Hello friends. A basic question: what virtual midi cables do you use?

I am developing a layout for Ableton Live. I have done tests on Windows and Mac.

On windows, I have used the loopbe and I have detected some overload problems (playing notes on a keyboard, for example).

Another issue related to loopbe is the use of clyphx pro as a control surface in Ableton to perform bindings (for visual display purposes). This requires the loopbe to be used in the control surface in and out slots. In doing so, the loopbe creates a kind of “feedbackmidi” and is “mute”.

On the mac, I have used IAC. The overhead of playing notes is less, but it is still present. Midi feedback doesn’t happen, but still, I notice some problems using bindings.

On both platforms I can perform various tasks such as displaying the updated volume level for each selected track, pan, sends, device parameter labels, etc … However, the bindgins are not working for the mute, solo and arm buttons. They are out of sync when configured in toggle mode (I believe that due to the lack of a communication bridge to run on the OSC client side)

Maybe there are different midi drives that I can try with your tips :slight_smile:

On mac & linux you can create virtual midi ports directly from O-S-C by writing device_name:virtual instead of device_name:number,number in the midi config.

1 Like

Sensational! I tested it on mac and all it works fine now! Thanks.

Do we have a similar solution for windows?

Not that I know of.