A quick VST editor

Hello
I saw that via the free program SAVIHOST, we could export in text file, ".vstxml", the name of the parameters of a vst plug.
We could imagine adding these names to faders or knobs automatically via a procedure, in a JSON file.
This first allows you to have all the plug-in parameters without typing them, and to assign a midi parameter to them (/ control, [1, x], etc ...).
And secondly to create a vst editor quickly.

Unfortunately, I am not a develloper ... If anyone is interested, contact me, to start this project.

Patrick

1 Like

I’ve done some thing similar to this - when back at my machine I’ll post it.

In short I created a set of faders with labels and used a custom module to change the labels and hide the unused faders depending on which track in my template is selected.

Hello ,
thank you for your message.
Yes it is the idea of ​​creating a number x of fader and to put the name of the parameter each time. Here are two examples of file exported by SAVIHOST.

Hope to be able to finalize this quickly.

Patrick
Diva(x64).vstxml.txt (11.5 KB) DUNE x64.vstxml.txt (4.3 KB)

Hi Sub3OneDay ,

Any news ?

Patrick

Hello, I have successfully transformed the * .VST XML file into an OSC readable .JSON file.
I do this via Powershell (!).
It's not perfect, but I'm working on it

Patrick

some examples :

fader_file_out.json (63.2 KB)

1 Like

Thanks will check it out. Sorry I've not posted my example yet - it's stopped working for some reason and I'm trying to fix it.

Okay
I continued to work on it a little bit.

The result is attached
Patrick
diva_out.json (423 Bytes)
Sortie 1 fader.json (108.4 KB)

in progress

Hello @Patrick ,
very interested in this topic, could you describe your protocol to transform .vst into xml readable file in OSC?

Hello ,
1 - download SAVIHOST, and open a vst.
2 - Export in VSTXML in the FILE menu.
3 - rename the txt file to JSON.
4- I handled the file via a program selfmade in powershell !.
5 - Load the obtained file into OSC.

Thanks Patrick, as I use Mac I'm afraid I can't do it with SAVIHost (Only windows)... is there Mac alternative?

I don't know , sorry

Hello, I would like to revive this topic.
Here is a new txt file with the parameters of the VST DIVA.
The goal would be to take this file as input to a script under OSC and to create a fader list with the name of the parameters. My programming knowledge is very limited, is there anyone to help me? attached the txt file.
output.txt (771 Bytes)

Hello,
Browsing the forum, I wonder if I can do this with a custom module.
example: "read an external file and create faders automatically"

is it possible ?

Patrick

Yes - custom module is the way to go. I’d forgotten completely that you were working on this.

I’ve created a custom module set that builds the fader set based on names and cc numbers. I need to add the variable into the cm which contains the fader names and cc value but once that is done I can switch between the vsti depending on which track in cubase is selected.

Yet again I’m away from my machine currently but when back home in a couple of days I’ll make sure to post this.

Hello
Thank you for your answer.
But I'm also looking for an example that I can adapt easily. I want to read a file containing the vst parameters and put them as fader titles.
And generate x faders...

At first I don't want to use a daw , but launch the installed vst as an application and not as a plugin.

patrick

Hello ,
I redid my procedure in python, (I'm a beginner)
here is a first result.
![image|690x467]
output.json (136.2 KB)
(upload://bFkbA0EgzKoYNEfhXXrDvApyXNp.png)

test.txt (1.4 KB)
output.json (136.2 KB)
module1 -.PY.txt (3.5 KB)

Is this an xml file?

Yes like test.xml